How To Find The Perfect Pet Sitter
Let your pet stay in the comfort of your own home while you’re on the move.
Written By: Darcy Lashinsky
Want to avoid the unnecessary stress of leaving home and putting your pet in an unfamiliar setting for an extended period of time?
One option is to hire a professional pet sitter to come to your house. Pet sitters are becoming more and more popular and owners are taking the decision to hire one seriously when considering the alternatives, such as kennels. To prepare yourself for finding the perfect pet sitter, here are a few questions every owner should ask.
1. Does the sitter have a list of good references?
2. Are they fully licensed, bonded and insured? Are proper trained in animal first aid or with administering medications?
3. Are they able to accommodate the pet’s daily feeding and walking schedule?
4. Are they available seven days per week via telephone? And will calls be returned within 24-hours?
5. Do they have established fees for services that are quotable over the phone or in company literature?
6. Have they undergone a criminal background check?
7. How much notice do they need in order to schedule a request?
8. Will they be available for a meeting with the pet(s) to observe interactions and establish a comfort level for everyone involved?
9. How much experience do they have in caring for every particular type or breed of pet?
10. Will they follow instructions regarding how the pet likes his/her time allocated during each visit in terms of walking, playing, feeding, cleaning, etc.?
Questions like these not only give owners piece of mind, but they also help establish a better sense of communication between owner, sitter, and pet. This could make a huge difference in the health and well-being of your pet when it comes time to pack those bags. Leave your beloved pet comfortable at home with one of our recommended pet sitter services that will drop in and keep an eye on them while you’re gone.
Camp Bow Wow
470 Craighead St, Nashville, TN 37204
Enter your zip code and coverage dates needed, and you’ll find a list of vetted providers nearby. Look for five-star reviews, then vacation worry-free—you’ll even receive daily photo updates of your pup.
Paw Pals Dog Daycare
310 Eddy Ct, Franklin , TN 37064
PO BOX 23934, Nashville, TN 37203
4501 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
• Dogs and Cats