Light Up the Night
to benefit the T.J. Martell Foundation
2nd Annual Light Up the Night to benefit the T.J. Martell Foundation! Come to a casual night with a bonfire, southern supper, live music, beer & wine, beer pong tournament,
1. Cleansing Face Wipes — Sensitive Skin: Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (Target, Walgreens, CVS)
These wipes are my favorite! They are extremely gentle, yet effective. Great for removing oil, sweat, dirt, and makeup before or after working out without drying or irritating skin.
2. Dry Shampoo — Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray (Cosmetic Market)
No time to shower? Hair looks greasy or oily after workout? This product is amazing for post workout hair. It eliminates greasiness by absorbing oil at the roots and adds volume back to your hair.
3. Hair Ties — Emi-Jay hair ties (Woo, Private Edition, Cosmetic Market)
Always have an extra hair tie in your bag! There is nothing worse than getting to the gym and realizing you don’t one. These are great and don’t pull or break your hair! Another plus, they don’t leave a crease in your hair.
4. Playlists & Gear — iPod nano (Apple store in the Mall at Green Hills); Beats "Heartbeat" earphones (Order online)
I like the nano or the shuffle because they are both smaller and easier to walk around the gym with. I always clip the shuffle to my workout pants or top. The headphones are designed by Lady GaGa and fashionable to boot — these are great if you like to work out with your iPhone. With a built in speaker, you can easily switch between songs and incoming calls and look fabulous while doing it!
Need some new tunes to get you moving? Listen to our Top 10 Gym Jams mix (made by our own Jen Rocco!)
5. Lightly Scented Body Spray or Cologne — Stella McCartney's Stella (Sephora in the Mall at Green Hills)
A very fresh scent, not overwhelming. It's sweet
6. Deodorant — Secret Clinical Strength Sport (Walgreens, Target, CVS)
Apply and then always re-apply post workout! This one is great because it doesn’t have an over powering deodorant smell but it definitely gets the job done. Also, it does not leave residue on clothes.
7. Workout Clothes — lululuemon Off the Mat Jacket (Sephora in the Mall at Green Hills)
I love anything lululemon in my gym bag but I especially this cute jacket I can throw on after a workout to go run errands.
8. Lip Gloss — Laura Mercier Lip Glacé (Order online)
Hands down my favorite lip gloss. Love the look, texture, and it is long lasting. As if I didn’t need another reason to love this product, it tastes delicious! Currently obsessed with the bare pink color. Must have in the gym bag to add a soft pop of color to your lips after your workout, in this town you never know who you could run into at the gym!
9. Make-up — Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara (Order online)
If you have to head back to the office or out to run errands after the gym, mascara is a must. This one is great- lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates. It doesn’t smudge or flake. It’s the miracle mascara.
10. A Quick Snack — Grab the Gold bars (Cosmetic Market, Smoothie King, Takes 2 Fitness) or Kind Snack Bars (Turnip Truck)
For some reason I always work out before work (wait, who am I kidding, that never happens)... more like at lunch, or after work. Since it's in between meal time, when I am done working out I'm usually starving! To tide me over, I love Kind Snack Bars especially the Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein or a Grab the Gold Bar which are made here in Tennesssee!
Where to keep all your must haves? Try out this American Apparel Stag Bag (American Apparel, 320 Broadway)
Love this for a glam gym bag. AA is not normally where I would shop for a gym bag, but this one might just motivate me to stick to my new year’s resolution and hit the gym — hope you do the same!
Don't Miss: More beauty tips from model and mom, Niki Taylor!