at Basement East
Roving rock ‘n’ roll philosopher Rayland Baxter’s new album, Wide Awake, is out July 13, and he’ll be at Basement East on July 18 - 19 as a hometown
Nashville Lifestyles' second annual Nashville Influencers event featured five of the city's top business leaders in a variety of industries. Tom Morales, founder of TomKats Hospitality Group, which includes The Southern Steak & Oyster, Acme Feed & Seed, Southernaire Market, and Fin & Pearl; Patrick Woodyard, co-founder and CEO of Nisolo; President and CEO of the Nashville Convention & Vistiors Corp, Butch Spyridon; Sally Williams, Vice President and General Manager at Ryman Auditorium/Opry Entertainment Group; and lifestyle blogger of By Chloe Wen, Chloe Wen. Over 150 guests enjoyed hearing inspirational stories after networking with other attendees.
The morning was made possible with the generous support of our guests and sponsors: City National Bank, The Mall at Green Hills and Hilton Nashville. The Influencers shared from their own personal and professional lives, imparting a few take-aways from the morning.
• Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
• You are exactly where you need to be. Don't compare yourself to others, because they're just where they need to be.
• Surround yourself with people who are humble, hungry, and smart—in that order.
• Follow your instincts.
• Rising tides raise all boats.
• Nashville has a unique community. Instead of focusing on what's next, it's important to preserve the character of our city that already exists.
August 10 — Women in Business with Trisha Yearwood